#Clinical #Spine #Surgery #Case #Report #Lumbar #Spine #Injury #Treatment #Pain #Vail
#spinecases #lowerbackpain #spinetreatment
Dr. Corenman discusses numerous lumbar spine clinical case studies. He shares the history of each case, the symptoms associated with the patient, and offers his explanation on the diagnosis.
According to Dr. Corenman, “You take the information to try and fit it together to ask the right questions in order to get the proper diagnosis.”
Here are some of features cases below:
1. 19 year old slipped on ice and fell directly on buttocks, C/O sacral pain
2. 27 year old female with pain in buttocks and lower back radiating down to her foot
3. 64 year old with lower back pain for 1 year. This patient was seen years ago with lower back pain
4. 62 year old ER doctor with left anterior thigh pain from skiing about a month ago
5. 62 year old male with lower back pain and “leg drags”
6. 17 year old elite soccer player with left lower back pain
7. 78 year old patient who can’t walk more than 70 feet without upper lower back ache that stops her
8. 43 year old crashed a small private and complains of back pain (neurologically intact)
9. 68 year old patient with a mild fall and complains of lower back pain (no neurological findings)
10. 40 year old male patient with intermittent and incapacitating low back pain
Following these case studies, Dr. Corenman provides clinical cases for the medical audience to review and provide their own diagnosis..
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/neckandback
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/drcorenman
► LinkedIn: https://twitter.com/drcorenman
► Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8LyeJ9VKgxSJpF1Xs2jfrQ?sub_confirmation=1
To learn more, go to: https://neckandback.com/studyspine, https://neckandback.com/ and https://neckandback.com/forum/
With more than 30 years of experience, Donald Corenman, MD, DC, is a highly-regarded spine surgeon, considered an expert in the area of neck and back pain. His training as a Doctor of Chiropractic early in his career did not satisfy his desire for a deep understanding of the mechanics of the spine. This led him to medical school where he completed his Doctor of Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery Residency and Spine Surgery Fellowship. His study of spinal disorders and deformities brought him to Vail, Colorado where he joined The Steadman Clinic in 1994. With personalized clinical care a cornerstone of Dr. Corenman’s practice, he has been awarded the “Top 10 Doctor Award”, “Patient’s Choice Award”, “Compassionate Doctor Recognition” and is consistently recognized by Becker’s Spine Review in “Top Spine Surgeons to Know.”
Dr. Corenman has published two books: for patients, “Everything You Wanted to Know About the Back: A Consumers Guide to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Lower Back Pain” and for the medical community, “The Clinician’s Guidebook to Lumbar Spine Disorders: Diagnosis & Treatment”. He is passionate about educating patients on spine anatomy and disorders, so they have the ability to partner with their physicians in finding the most effective treatment for their back pain and disorders. His focus on peer education earned academic appointments as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and his research on spine surgery and rehabilitation has resulted in the publication of multiple peer-reviewed articles.