With contributions from high specialists within the subject, Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical procedure gives clinically-focused textual content on the total spectrum of widespread and uncommon congenital and purchased pediatric circumstances. The one-volume reference encompasses the most recent cutting-edge advances, organized in a concise, easy-to-digest format, enabling clinicians to get to the center of the matter and deftly combine sensible content material into on a regular basis observe.
Organized into six main sections, each chapter displays the experience of main authorities who focus on particular matters for which they’ve achieved prominence. The organizational construction is constant all through 43 chapters, overlaying core necessities for managing the affected person: introduction, prognosis, nonsurgical administration, operative therapy, problems, and key factors.
- Surgical approaches for craniofacial issues similar to craniosynostosis, craniofacial syndromes, plagiocephaly, and hemifacial microsomia
- The usage of cranioplasty to restore cranium defects and orthognathic correction for jaw deformities
- Therapy of unilateral and bilateral cleft lip, cleft palate, Robin sequence, secondary cleft deformities, and velopharyngeal insufficiency
- Reconstructive methods for gentle tissue deformities of the top and neck together with microtia
- Trunk and decrease extremity issues together with genital and breast abnormalities
- Higher extremity issues similar to hypoplastic thumb, syndactyly, polydactyly, in addition to hand trauma
- Ailments of the integument together with vascular anomalies, burns, melanocytic nevi, and pores and skin lesions
This must-have useful resource is a stellar studying device for trainee and attending clinicians and allied well being professionals in cosmetic surgery. It is going to additionally profit orthodontists, otolaryngologists, neurosurgeons, dermatologists, speech pathologists, and pediatricians.